THE SALVATORIAN FAMILY
Home Ministries Vocations History Founders & Writings News/Newsletters Family Charter World Ministries Map Donate Contact

History

Priest & Brothers
For more than 125 years, the Salvatorians have worked to preserve the Church and make Jesus Christ known to all people. Through peacetime and social upheaval, through challenges and change, we remain true to the vision of our founder, Father Francis Jordan.


Sisters
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Divine Savior, also known as the Salvatorian Sisters, was co-founded in Tivoli, Italy in 1888 by the Venerable Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan with Blessed Mary of the Apostles. We take our name from the Latin word Salvator, which means Savior. Our international congregation of more than 1,100 Salvatorian Sisters ministers in 28 countries on five continents.


Lay Salvatorians
The Lay Salvatorian Program began in the early 1970s, finally realizing the dream that Fr. Francis Jordan conceived many years ago to mobilize the laity in spreading the Gospel message. Today there are Lay Salvatorians in 27 countries around the world.


Ministries|Vocations|History | Founders & Writings|News/Newsletters|Family Charter
International Salvatorians| World Ministries Map|Donate| Contact|Login

Website Designed & Built by Gargoyle Design and The Andresen GroupWebsite Designed by gargoyle Design